Make Your Notary Business Stand Out
Choosing the right name and logo is as important as your business idea. The right name and logo can attract customers and make you stand out from your competitors. That’s why it’s so important to pick something that’s creative yet communicates what your business is about.
But where do you start? How do you know what’s good and what’s bad?
One important thing to keep in mind is that- just like your logo- your business name should be memorable. And we don’t mean JellyBeanPieNotary.com
Here are a few ideas to make your business name stand out:
- It should represent your product or brand that you’re selling (easy, right!)
- Simple to remember
- It shouldn’t confuse your clients, followers, and/or consumers (jellybean pie? Whaaat?)
- Your business name can even be your name, so long as it aligns with your brand.
Next, let’s talk about the design. If you don’t know what makes a logo look good, we can help. Here are a few things to keep in mind in creating a logo for your notary business:
- It’s clean and easy to read/interpret.
- Has complementary colors.
- Represents your brand and brand values.
- It’s easy to replicate across channels (i.e. email, marketing materials, social media).
- It’s easy to remember.
Three-Color Logo Combinations
- Beige, Brown, Dark Brown: Warm and Reliable.
- Blue, Yellow, Green: Youthful and Wise.
- Dark Blue, Turquoise, Beige: Confident and Creative.
- Blue, Red, Yellow: Funky and Radiant.
- Light Pink, Hot Pink, Maroon: Friendly and Innocent.
- Navy, Yellow, Beige: Professional and Optimistic
What’s in a color? Well, researchers have noticed that blue is used in over 75% of credit card brand logos, and 20% of fast food brand logos. Red, meanwhile, is found in 0% of apparel logos—but over 60% of retail brands.
Test your logo
Now that you know what makes a good logo, you’ll want to ensure that your customers respond to it positively. It’s a good idea to test your logo in different shapes and sizes to make sure it looks good on each platform it will be on. For example, is the sized to fit in the round shape of the Facebook or Instagram account? Remember – sometimes reducing the size of a rectangle to fit into a circle will look cramped.
You should also ask others (friends/ family) what they think about your logo. Maybe have people vote on it on a social media post. This is important because feedback is the best way to gauge if you’re on the right track. That doesn’t necessarily mean you can’t stick to what you like. But you should do a poll, survey, or ask questions to see what your community gravitates to.
Extras to Consider
When you’re choosing a professional business name and logo:
- Your business name should match your domain name so it’s easier for people to find you.
- The colors and style of your business name and logo should match.
- Consider colours/shape and ratio to enhance your online presence.
- Make sure your name and logo align with what you offer.
- Stand out!
Choosing the right professional business name and logo can feel like an intimidating task. But it’s necessary in order to have a successful business. Hopefully, these tips and tricks will help you pick the perfect professional business name and logo that will suit your business perfectly.
Contributed by: Sociable Media
Need a logo and you’re a Premier or Executive Notary Jane member?